Re: TCP alwayskeepalive option.

Jim Gettys (jg@pa.dec.com)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:56:15 -0800 (PST)

> Sender: dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie
> From: David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>

> I think X probably needs a lot of work in this area. I remember
> when we had some "transient network outages" here in the past, and
> if you were unlucky enough to move your mouse past a copy of emacs
> running remotely then that was the end of it. (Before our keepalive
> days BTW ;-)

Not probably, definately; but there wasn't the tools or the will to
try to fix this in the past; this seems to be changing.

I can confidently say that I've had the experience of running a mouse
over the wrong window experience longer than you have.... :-;
- Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Technology and Corporate Development