Re: Again: EQL - someone's use this thing yet?

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:44:51 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Thomas Davis wrote:

> Then it won't work with Cisco Etherchannel, or Sun Trunking software.
> These protocols are mac hardware based; so, you can balance more than
> just IP (IPX, Appletalk, even NETBIOS can be balanced across it.)
>
> Ok. So that means my channel bonding device is still needed.

Has that bonding device been fixed (I am thinking about the beowulf
bonding stuff) to properly recognize when a link goes down? I had to scrap
it earlier this year because it tried to continue using a device even if
the cable was removed. Since the card drive did not queue packets of the
link was down, the transmit buffer never filled and the bonding driver
never removed that channel from the group.