Re: SIGCONT misbehaviour in Linux

Jason Gunthorpe (jgg@ualberta.ca)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:24:44 -0700 (MST)

On 8 Dec 1999, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> is interrupting syscalls as well. It is fine if signals in general
> interrrupt syscalls. But SIGSTOP & friends, undone by a ptrace() call
> should not return since these kind of things happen when because of

I've noticed some general dysfunction with Linux and attaching strace to
running processes. It seems that strace cannot attach without effecting
the state of the process it is attaching too - I never had time to trace
the particular problem down, but from this it sounds like a plausible
explanation [strace causes a slow system call to return?].

Jason