Re: "Internet Keyboard" support for Linux

Matthijs Melchior (mmelchio@xs4all.nl)
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 23:43:59 +0100

Ryan Lortie wrote:

> Hi. I am wondering if there is any interest in support for those "Internet
> Keyboards." I've implimented a kernel/daemon based system for mine, and I've
> given this to a couple people on IRC. They seem interested.

Yes, I am very interrested in this. I have a Chicony KBP-8993
keyboard with 14 extra keys and 2 extra led's. I have not succeeded in
getting the keys to work with Linux, they don't do anything, not even
generate an interrupt. Apparantly these extra keys need to be enabled
and I don't know how. Understanding a dis-assembled windows VxD is not
easy...

If I can help to get something going, let me know....

-- Thanks,