Re: "Internet Keyboard" support for Linux

Kelly STriker Price (tygris@Glue.umd.edu)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:11:30 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
> > The other way is a small modification to the existing keyboard handler code.
> > It could declare a global symbol in the kernel, and if this symbol was set,
> > call the code that it pointed to every time a scancode was being processed, and
> > behave according to the return value of that function.
>
> I think this is the nicer approach, because it can be used for other things like
> that toshiba keyboard problem people are reporting

The SysRQ handler comes to mind, which reminds me, I got to rewrite
that...

p |\ _,,,---,,_ Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
u /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://www.FurNation.com/STriker
r |,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-' WolfSkunks for a better Linux Kernel