Re: Toshiba kbd patch

Andrei Pitis (pink@roedu.net)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:08:46 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 7 December 1999, Guest section DW wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 07:28:05AM +0200, Andrei Pitis wrote:
> Probably 100ms would suffice. It seems that the key up event comes
> much earlier.
No problem, that is a different keycode, therefore it will pass. Only
250 ms is ok. It only applies _between the first and the second
identical scancode in a row_. It doesn't affect anything else.

100 ms _does not help anybody_ because when a glitch occurs, it is not
single shot, but repetitive, and fast - therefore you will end up with
duplicates.

> Note that scancode repeat is not good enough: many keys produce an e0 xx pair
> and repeat that; more complicated things also occur.
Of course this is covered, please have a look at the patch.

> So, you could consider intercepting repetition at the keycode
> instead of the scancode level.
At the keycode level I cannot make the difference between key down and
key up. I rely on both keydowns and ups in my patch. I tried with
various approaches, including keycodes - this is the best.

> [I also find that aesthetically more satisfying: the scancode level
> really shows the raw keyboard with all its quirks.]
Access to keycode is only provided (elegantly) in keyboard.c, which is
common to all architectures.

Andrei