Re: 2.3.30: shared library text mapped at offset != 0.

Benjamin C.R. LaHaise (blah@kvack.org)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 03:36:45 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> so, we get offset=0 and everything works fine.
>
> Although you cannot easily reproduce it (as it is not in PER_LINUX
> personality), you can easily produce useful ideas as to how that offset
> could have changed (without unmapping and remapping it) and send them to
> me.

This is strange -- the change of do_mmap -> do_mmap_pgoff in 2.3.30 looks
correct, but I could be wrong. Does this weirdness go away if you make
do_mmap a non-inline function?

-ben