NO BINARY DRIVERS ALLOWED (Re: Limited Exposure Required!!)

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:50:36 -0800 (PST)

Linus,

DONE, but I do ask that you muse/ponder the proposal as a follow up.

Since we agree that binaries in the kernel is never going to happen,
this proposal does not allow for that to happen.

Read this before you > /dev/null it..........

Do you you really think that I support strangers in the house???

I require source code for the kernel for CLAPI!!!!!
Limited in features, but the "Limited Exposure Required!!".
As before, how does one address the legal issue of a GPL kernel????

BINARIES are illegal and will stay that way if I have input ;-)....

The legal issue is how to use LGPL to our advantage during the time it
takes to open the eyes and mind of hardware vendors that their view of IP
is excessive..........If you designed you world on Soft IP, you will fall
sooner or later............

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy