Re: [patch] Re: setitimer lowlatency-2.2.13-A1 questions

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:16:28 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:

>[..] we should do a BUG() if enable_bh() is called
>with IRQs disabled - this will sort out the problems and solves the
>latency issue as well.

Only BUG() won't help the latency. And it seems not a problem.

Why do you want to forbid people to enable_bh with irq disabled? there's
nothing bad in doing so. You must _not_ run the bh handlers if you can't
reenable irqs, but you _can_ reenable the bhs (for example for other cpus)
even if you have irq disabled.

Andrea