Re: [linux-fbdev] Re: MAX_FB: maximum number of fbdevs

Richard Gooch (rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:54:52 -0700

James Simmons writes:

> > <smirk>This is no problem for those of us running devfs</smirk>.
>
> Is devfs going to make it into 2.3.x or our their plans for it in
> 2.5.x?

I dunno. Ask Linus. I can't seem to get his attention :-/

>From my perspective, it's ready to go in (now that the Great Name
Change (directed by Linus) has settled down). It's certainly seems
more robust than many patches that I've seen go in recently, so I
don't understand what the holdup is.

> P.S
> You are the guy that's developing it ?

Yeah, I'm the masochist.