Re: Binary drivers

Kendall Bennett (KendallB@scitechsoft.com)
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:40:19 -0800

Stephen Frost <sfrost@mail.snowman.net> wrote:

> Come up w/ the API. Develop the code. Modify the current driver
> set (completely) to this new API. bug-proof it, test it, and prove
> that performance doesn't decrease any for any of those drivers.

The problem is a philosophical one. I am not willing to expend any
energy helping to develop code to make Linux better if the end result
is that it won't be accepted into the Linux kernel.

At the end of the day, maybe one day I will end up doing this, and
the result may well be a fork of the Linux kernel (since there are a
lot of people who do agree with what I have to say).

Regards,

| SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software! |
| Kendall Bennett | Email: KendallB@scitechsoft.com |
| Director of Engineering | Phone: (530) 894 8400 |
| SciTech Software, Inc. | Fax : (530) 894 9069 |
| 505 Wall Street | ftp : ftp.scitechsoft.com |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA | www : http://www.scitechsoft.com |