Re: [linux-usb] URB-ifying usb

Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 22:37:57 GMT

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999 10:44:41 -0800 (PST), Linus Torvalds wrote:

>Is anybody willing to step up to the plate in the form of a "General USB
>maintainer", the same way Alan Cox maintains all sound drivers as far as
>I'm concerned (he obviously doesn't, but he acts as a "collector of
>patches" and as a judge)? It obviously needs to be somebody who gets along
>with people, and also somebody who can say NO! when required - not just
>gathering things up.
>
>And it needs to be somebody wo knows USB and reasonably actively does
>participate in the discussion, and somebody who is reasonably neutral wrt
>the different projects. Randy Dunlap comes to mind, but what do I know?

I'd be willing to step up and do this. I have a reasonably large number of
usb devices here to test stuff with, and feel comfortable with the code
base. I have stayed out of the recent URB vs. current argument as I
haven't made many contributions to the main usb core, but agree that we
should switch to it as it does clean up the driver model (I ported my
usb-serial driver to it easily.)

greg k-h
greg@kroah.com