Re: Kernel Reliability !!

Lars Marowsky-Bree (lmb@teuto.net)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 17:15:59 +0100

On 1999-12-03T05:31:01,
"Jene S Quois" <jenesaisquois@mailcity.com> said:

> Expanding the same question, what are the
> features that have been incorporated into the
> Linux kernel for high-availability,
> high-reliability and servicability ? And in
> case it is already there, Is it in the
> mainstream kernel or externally available ?

Depends. If Linux is ready for your task depends mainly on your task - your
very general question can't be answered that easily.

You want to check out http://www.linux-ha.org/ and
http://www.LinuxVirtualServer.org/.

Parts are there to provide application failover between servers, cluster
servers into web/mail farms (or whatever), clustering file systems are comeing
along etc.

It is more ontopic on the linux-ha mailing list too, where we would be happy
to discuss this with you and the rest.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée

--