Re: The whole bunch of unresolved symbols in 2.3.30pre5

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:54:24 +0200

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 04:26:42PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > /lib/modules/kernel/2.3.30pre5/fs/ntfs.o: unresolved symbol(s)
> > __divdi3
> > /lib/modules/kernel/2.3.30pre5/fs/affs.o: unresolved symbol(s)
> > __divdi3
> > update_vm_cache
> > __moddi3
>
> These are 64bit maths operations. For some reason your compiler is making
> helper calls to them. They are in the C compiler libraries if you need to
> extract them and add/export the symbol

Alan, no, don't! There are careless 64-by-32 bit divisions which
can be handled equally well with shifts, or casting the original
64-bit positition values into ulong -- affs goes only up to 2G
anyway.. I have appropriate patches at my LFS set, but Linus
doesn't make it easy to feed them..

/Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi>