Re: Can't hardlink in different dirs. (BUG#826)

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:18:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> I don't like having only coda breaking the semantic. You'll end getting
> reports of "program X doesn't work with coda, why?". If you'll break the
> semantic in the VFS the program will be fixed ASAP and you'll never get
> the report in the middle of a stable kernel.

Or somebody will break your legs and patch will be reversed... Besides,
"foo doesn't work with CODA" has a simple answer: don't use foo on CODA.
Andrea, you _do_ realize that CODA is not a Linux-only thing? So it's
either different semantics on Linux and everything else _or_ doing that in
CODA anyway.