Re: pd.o Dependancy Question

Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:03:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Chris Hirsch wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why pd.o depends upon paride instead of epat.o. I'm
> trying to setup my conf.modules and the options as follows:
> options pd drive0=0x378,0,0,-1,0,1,0,-1

The same reason that (for instance) lp depends on parport, not parport_pc.
There are lots of chips out there, and EPAT is only one of them. pd only
needs PARIDE, and PARIDE needs a driver like epat.o.

> It works great as long as I manually change what pd.o depends on in
> modules.dep. Is there a way I can permenatly change the dependancy?

Use a post-install rule for paride in modules.conf (conf.modules):

post-install <module name> <action>

For instance,

post-install paride modprobe epat

Tim.