Re: sym53c810a - SCSI parity errors with SVGAlib?

Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:11:36 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Jim Woodward wrote:

> This may or may not be a kernel issue, however
>
> Whenever I invoke zgv, I get on the console:
> sym53c810a-0: SCSI parity error detected: SCR1=132 DBC=50000000 SBCL=0

It may happen that this application access the PCI configuration space of
the chip far beyong the pre-defined header area and hits the range that
has side effects (IO registers mapped to config space).
Such an attack confuses a lot the chip and the driver, btw.
If I am right, the only solution is to teach zgv about the PCI specs.;)

Gérard.