RE: Poll Error

Sherwin Notario (sherwin_notario@yahoo.com)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:15:58 -0800 (PST)

i tried setting file-max to 32768 and inode-max to
65536. i've also set NR_OPEN and NR_FILE to 32K (in
limits.h and fs.h) then recompiled the kernel.

in my program, i was able to set the maximum number
of open files to 32K (though setrlimit()). but when i
call poll with nfds > 256, i still get error.