Re: question on do_initcall

Andi Kleen (Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:12:45 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 01:40:29PM +0100, Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de wrote:
>
> > I'd like to convert a driver to the __setup scheme and would like to know
> > in which order do_initcall calls them. Could someone tell me ?
>
> In link order. Better don't make assumptions about the order, it's not
> explicitly guaranteed.
>
> Ralf

But a certain order is needed. I need to have the soundcard initialised
before the gameport is initialised or the gameport cannot be accessed.
This is just one problem. The irda protocal needs get_random_bytes during
initialisation.
I tried to get the ide driver to accept hdx=ide-scsi, but my __setup
functions keep getting called at the very beginning of the visible boot.
What am I doing wrong ?

Oliver Neukum