Re: bdflush problem ?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois=20D=E9sarm=E9nien?= (desar@club-internet.fr)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 00:06:53 +0100

Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> François Désarménien <desar@club-internet.fr> writes:
>
> > No, nothing in the logs neither about 'update' nor 'dbflush', but I noticed in the /etc/inittab
> > that /sbin/update has been commented out:
> > # Things to run in every runlevel.
> > ## Linux Mandrake:
> > # Obsolete with 2.2.9 kernel. #
> > #ud::once:/sbin/update
> > is it normal ? What is new in 2.2.9 that makes update obsolete ?
>
> We have provided an update of initscripts from 6.0 from a long time.
>
> --Chmouel

Loooooong time => Few monthes.

Yes, but unfortunatly, one of your distributions went with that *BUG*, and people using it suffered from it.
I have more than twenty customers which I've install Linux, I cannot afford such a bug for anyone of them.
I even don't have enought time to upgrade each of them for problems not *mentionned*. A distribution *shouldn't*
include such a bug, or it's not a professional distribution. Fulldot. Definitly, Mandrake is not a profesionnal
distribution. Just for kids. I'll resume my story and I'll post to slashdot. Mandrake is *not* serious enough for
professional business. Fulldot.

I'm furious against MandrakeSoft, as I had to admit to my bosses Linux's perfect but distributions aren't.

François