Re: Linux an my RTC don't get along solved

brian@worldcontrol.com
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:34:59 -0800

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 02:48:07PM +0100, Frank van Maarseveen wrote:
> I've seen similar behavior. It was caused by a mistake when setting
> the clock on a freshly installed system. Somehow my error
> propagated into /etc/adjtime, causing an enormous clock adjust at boot
> time. Look at the first number in /etc/adjtime on the first line: it
> should be in the range -10.0...10.0 to be reasonable (I have 1.3).
> It is safe to throw this file away (see man hwclock, man adjtimex).
> Frank

Yes! Frank gets the prize! My mistake was probably upgrading from
RedHat 5.2 to 6.0.

For those of you who responded that I had the TZ set wrong, I was
wondering how that would cause the clock to lose 21 days on boot?

Thanks for the help.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>

Copyright (c) 1999 By Brian Litzinger, All Rights Reserved