Re: PCAnywhere locks up 2.2.13 solid.

Juanjo Ciarlante (jjo@mendoza.gov.ar)
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 23:03:46 -0300

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 05:25:57PM +0100, Magnus Näslund(gr) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem.
> We have an network with Windows NT machines, and Linux boxes for www ftp
> mail samba and firewall/gateway(masq).
> The problem is that if i run PCAnywhere from an NT box, it locks up solid.
> Nothing in the logs, no response whatsoever with the keyboard (num lock
> don't work).
> No pinging. Not a thing that can give away what's locking up the box.
>
> The box is an i586 300Mhz with two eepro100b's in it. It has 128MB mem and
> about 48Gig in four IDE HD's.
> What can i do to trace stuff?
> As far as i know what the thing i did last was compiling kernel with ip
> aliasing and the configs do make iproute2 work.
>
> Tell me what i can do, and if i can provide more info.
Is 2.2.12 ok?
Could you try disabling your _running_ config by steps
and test each so as to constrain the probl?
Eg:
1. If you have cbq setup:
tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
tc qdisc del dev eth1 root
2. Flush forward rules (if any) and stop forwarding
ipchains -F forward
3. Disable other "special" netw stuff may have

Please let us know
Regards

Juanjo