Re: [patch-2.3.29] bugfix for pipe(2) system call.

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:30:15 +0000 (GMT)

it just occurred to me - there is even better solution. We can do the same
as SCO UnixWare 7.1.0 does. I.e. to send SIGSEGV to the offender. This
way:

a) if she does not catch it, she dies. And the dead don't complain (nor
waiste any resources).

b) if she does catch it, her behaviour is undefined (didn't some spec say
that catching SIGSEGV makes you suffer the consequences and only have
yourself to blame?).

What do you guys think about it?

Regards,
------
Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran