Re: [patch-2.3.29] bugfix for pipe(2) system call.

Matthias Andree (mandree@sx1.HRZ.Uni-Dortmund.DE)
24 Nov 1999 16:54:05 +0100

Tigran Aivazian <tigran@sco.COM> writes:

> having thought about it for a bit I think - perhaps it is better to run
> out of resources than to introduce (on some archs) a not so trivial to
> debug race condition... so perhaps it is wiser to not apply the patch
> below?

race conditions are the worst things you can evoke, they will haunt you
and curse your life and everything. No, really: race conditions are hard
to track, "out of resources" are not. If you can avoid race conditions,
do so.

--
Matthias Andree

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!