Re: updating the RTC automagically

Ralf Baechle (ralf@uni-koblenz.de)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:02:20 +0100

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 03:05:24PM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:

> However, how about writing some mini vm in the kernel (a forth compiler
> could fit in under 4k or so) and then create a program from the tz data
> which could be uploaded into the kernel.

In order to turn people's stomaches upside down ;-) Quite some time ago
I did two ports of pForth, one to the MIPS ARC Firmware and one as a
loadable module. As I remember including the full dictionary the whole
thing however was quite a bit larger, like 70 or 100kb including the
full dictionary.

Ralf