Re: Linux 2.2.14pre6

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:33:18 +0100 (MET)

Alan Cox wrote:
> > For some reason I get serial overrun errors with 2.2.14pre6:

> Does backing out the mdelay(1) added to the pc keyboard driver fix
> this. If so I'll pull that change until someone has time to redo it
> to avoid irq problems

The 2.2 IDE driver disables interrupts for up to around 20ms. I
suspect that this depends on the drive. i.e. it sometimes waits inside
the IRQ for the drive to do its thing instead of waiting for the next
interrupt. This is probably a problem in the drive, that we simply
used to handle a lot better before....

Roger.

 "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you."