Re: [Patch] shm bug introduced with pagecache in 2.3.11

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:29:15 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Manfred Spraul wrote:

> Computer: K6-200, 128 MB Ram, Symbios 810 scsi controller, Fujitsu
> Magneto-Optical drive, 620 MB [I have no empty scsi disc left :(],
> 620,000,000 bytes test file, fat filesystem, the same disk is used for
> NT and Linux.

Re-do this without the ridiculous filesystem, and I'll bother to even
check the numbers.

That said, I don't think this can/will be fixed for a 2.4 timeframe,
especially as I haven't heard of any real-life usage where it would be an
issue..

Linus