Re: A problem with loopback device in 2.3.26

Richard Gooch (rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:45:42 -0700

Michael Sobolev writes:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 10:06:56PM -0700, Richard Gooch wrote:
> > > Works here in 2.3.28.
> >
> > Well, drivers/block/loop.c wasn't changed in 2.3.27 or 2.3.28, so my
> > guess is the problem I had remains (unless there was a more general
> > bug in the VM layer that got fixed). IIRC, the problem I found was
> > slightly different than the one reported above, but it seems to be the
> > same problem.
> >
> > I'll have a look at it again when I get the chance.
> Well, I downloaded 2.3.28. And tried the same thing. It looks like
> sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I could figure out what
> was the reason...

Yeah, I had varying degrees of success. I gave up after a few
attempts, and I never got 100% success. In some runs I got more data
loss than others.

Regards,

Richard....
Permanent: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au