RE: USB and Zip drive?

Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:32:33 -0800

usb-scsi (USB mass storage driver) recognizes devices
like USB ZIP, USB floppy, and a few others. I don't
know of anyone using a USB HDD (like LaCie) or USB CD-RW
drives with it yet.

I only have a USB floppy drive, which is currently always
reported as read-only (write-protected), but I can fix
that easily.

I have seem emails (on the linux-usb mailing list) about
some people successfully using USB ZIP drives.

USB is still in serious development, so _I_ wouldn't save
critical data only on a USB mass storage device just yet.

~Randy