Re: Infamous 'root busy' on shutdown <=> unkillable processes onwait

Christian Robottom Reis (kiko@radiumsystems.com.br)
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:38:29 -0200 (EDT)

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, François Désarménien wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply: my mail filters was too good that time :-(
>
> Even if this _is_ described and this _is_ fixed, I'm currently using
> glibc2.1.1, which, I think is newer than 2.0.7pre5...

It is indeed, and the same glibc as I. You probably have some process
unwilling to die - the reasons behind it may vary, but there has been some
lk talk on undying processes - on SMP IIRC.