Re: LOTS OF BAD STUFF in raid0: raid0145-19990824-2.2.11 is unstable

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 13:58:31 -0500

David Mansfield writes:
>raid0_map bug: hash->zone0==NULL for block 171521844
>Bad md_map in ll_rw_block
>EXT2-fs error (device md(9,0)): ext2_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in
>datazone - block = 171521844, count = 1
>raid0_map bug: hash->zone0==NULL for block 959524912
>Bad md_map in ll_rw_block

>Here is my current setup:
>Hardware: Dual PII 450, DAC960 hardware raid card (completely separate
>from the raid in question). The raid0 is built on 6 Seagate Cheetah 9gb
>drives connected to an Adaptec 2940U2W controller. The system hardware is
>all from VA Research (more reliable??). Also in the system IDE cdrom (not
>accessed since last reboot). 1GB ram.

On a very similar machine we had a problem which to my recollection
looked very much the same, we had an intermittent bad drive that was
pulling down the whole chain; changing out drives fixed the problem
for us. Always happened under load, when the bad drive was stressed.

FWIW,

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/