Re: Intel EEPRO 10/100 problems on 2.2.13

Scott Marlowe (smarlowe@ihs.com)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:07:23 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Enrico Demarin wrote:

> I just found it (?)
>
> I set in the BIOS to initialize cards for Windows 95 (TM) OS.
>
> Why did it work this way and not with Non-Plugnplay OS, i dont know.

Ahhh. More than likely, when you had plug and play turned off, there was an
ISA device using an IRQ that was NOT reserved in the BIOS, and this IRQ was
getting dual allocated to the eepro at the same time.

Take a look in the BIOS for a section for reserving IRQs for ISA devices,
and make sure that any device that is on the ISA bus has its IRQ listed
there as reserved.

Once you turned on PnP, the BIOS automagically reserved the ISA IRQs so that
they didn't conflict with the PCI devices.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.