Re: Specifying properly the PCI driver model on all linux architectur

Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:19:15 -0500

Bret Indrelee wrote:
> Just to clarify something, it looks as if check_mem_region() and ilk were
> added in the 2.3 kernel. I can't find any code that use these routines in
> the linux-2.3.24 drivers sources contained in the char or block
> subdirectories.

find drivers -type f | xargs egrep 'check_mem_region|iomem_resource'

> What are 2.2 drivers supposed to do when claiming PCI memory space,

Plug and Pray(tm)

> At a guess, I would just
> duplicate the macro from the 2.3 sources back into 2.2 so that the driver
> works with either but uses the new names.

It will not work under 2.2.x because check_mem_region uses new resource
allocation code