Re: access beyond end of device errors in 2.2.13pre18 AND 2.2.5

Martin Schulz (schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de)
27 Oct 1999 15:49:39 +0200

Lech Szychowski <lech.szychowski@pse.pl> writes:

> > ASUS P2B-DS w/ 2 x 500Mhz. PIII
> > IBM 9LZX U2 LVD SCSI disk on built-in Adaptec 7890/1 controller
>
> Well, there's a slighvt that this problem is related to SMP or (much
> less likely) P2B-DS - my configuration is almost the same as yours,
> PII-400s vs PIII-500s being the only difference.

Mine is a non SMP-box, (98% idle most of the time anyway, just serving
files, mail etc), so I dont think the key to this problem is SMP.

According to what I found on dejanews (and my own observations) it is
bound to heavy disk-IO, backup to tape in my case.

Regards,

--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung