Re: Desaster report

Martin Dalecki (dalecki@cs.net.pl)
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 15:28:36 +0200

Alan Cox wrote:

> > 2.3.22: Just dumps core upon apmd startup during the overall system
> > initialization. I didn't investigate further.
>
> Build it SMP and its basically OK
>
> > 2.3.23:
> > 1. Compilation:
> >
> > a) bttv.c line 125 gives me a message about invalid operads to |
>
> bttv has to be updated to the new PAE36 aware VM. That won't occur until the
> new VM is all stable. After that it is trivial to do and I might even redo
> it using kiovecs

Yeep. This occurred to me too. However still the starvation problems
appears to be severe. I will give it a try today again after moving
the swapp the the same dive as the overall system. My suspiction
is that this is the main cause for it, since then apparently
the second drives get's too much bandwidth.

--
	Marcin Dalecki