Re: [RE: glibc-2.1.2 and Kernel-2.2.13 compile error]

G. Hugh SONG (ghsong@bellini.kjist.ac.kr)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:47:25 +0900 (KST)

On 21 Oct 1999, han ho wrote:

> Hello all,
> I got that problem 2 days b4; It seems that gnorpm deleted
> some important symlinks in /usr/include.
> I fixed that by restoring symbolic link /usr/include/linux
> && /usr/include/asm pointing to where current /usr/src/linux/include/linux
> && asm r.
> HHK

Thank you very much.
Your information is correct.
My /usr/include/linux had some *.h files from alsa-drivers.
During the 6.0->6.1 update, it did not remove the directory cleanly,
nor created the necessary symbolic link.

> Michael Cummins <mjcumm@isa.mim.com.au> wrote:
> Did you install a kernel-source rpm or untar a linux-2.x.x.tar.gz?
> Did you install the kernel-headers package if you used the
> liunx-source-2.x.x.i386.rpm?
> Michael Cummins

On the subject line, I said kernel-2.2.13. AFAIK, there is no rpm for
it, yet.

Best regards,

G. Hugh Song