Re: Need to understand something about booting (i386)

Daniel Haude (dh@insitu.physnet.uni-hamburg.de)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:53:23 +0200

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> In your ROM BIOS setup, look for anything that resembles "BIOS-32" and
> turn it OFF. This is one of the things that highmem.sys does because
> you can't have two protected-mode things running at the same time.
>
> See if this works.

Hmm, there is no such thing (and I've playing with about every possible
setting of my weird BIOS). Besides, loading *only* himem.sys isn't enough.
emm386.exe must be loaded as well in order for loadlin to work.

Thanks anyway!

--Daniel