Re: crypto and fsck guys.

(no name) ((no email))
18 Oct 1999 23:27:27 -0400

> You can't do it that way. You mount it and you tar it and slam the archive
> through PGP with a nice long key. That works fine, and because you back up

That's indeed the way to go except that I wouldn't trust PGP's authors
to get their software right. Given how PGP-2.6 handled "filter mode"
no need to tell you how great it works for backing up 2GB with a 100MB /tmp
partition, and this is ignoring the efficiency issue), I'd rather go for
GPG or somesuch tool written by people who have at the very least a
foggy idea of what "unix tool" means.

Stefan