Re: ext2 messages on a 2.2.12/SMP

Folkert van Heusden (fvh@keetweej.demon.nl)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:48:23 -0100

Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> My feeling is that at that time people were out to lunch, and
> the load of the server was very light.
> Sorry, I wasn't explicit enough about what I meant by "load". What kind
> of server is it? What sort of pattern of use does the filesystem
> receive --- i.e., what is the filesystem's workload imposed by the
> applications running on your system?

p90, 32MB ram, uniproc., 2x IDE aan primary controller(!)
boot-up: texpire (from leafnode node-server) together with
setiathome-client and some daemons coming up.
load is somewheren between 2.0 and 3.0, and I think mostly this
texpire thing is giving the load. running in background is several
things like MXM (==MTA), squid, vgetty, dnsserver, dhcp-server, etc.
I experienced these problems with kernel 2.2.12 *AND* 2.2.7! (!!!!!)
So, now I'am back to 2.0.38 which gives no problems at all.