Re: Domex cards? HELP!

Brian Macy (bmacy@sunshinecomputing.com)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:03:25 -0700

Linux User wrote:

> I foolished purchased a DOMEX 3194U+ SCSI controller without checking
> into compatibility and such. Can anyone tell me if the current kernel
> supports this card? Domex used to be DTC, I understand, but I can't
> find anything under `domex' or `DTC' when I grep the kernel sources.

The lower end cards are Initio... I don't know about the 3194. They have
a Linux driver for the old kernels in their download section. Actually
looks like they decided to do a binary only release which won't do you
any good... hmmm... what are the PCI/Vendor Ids? The docs say that it is
an Initio card.

Brian Macy