Re: How much NMIs per second?

Petr Vandrovec Ing. VTEI (VANDROVE@vc.cvut.cz)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:02:02 MET-1

On 14 Oct 99 at 19:58, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > I did not follow discussion about NMI-deadlock-patch on linux-kernel
> > very closely, but I have one small question: How much NMIs there should be
> > per second? My system gets 100 timer ints (50/s per CPU) and 100 NMIs
> > delivered to both CPUs (i.e. 200/s total). Is it correct? [...]
> yes. The rate of NMIs is 100/CPU. The rate of the timer interrupt is
> 100/system - this gives 50/cpu on your dual box.
Thanks for clarification. Unfortunately, vmware was very surprised from
these NMIs. Fortunately, it was five-liner to vmmon to disable NMIs when
vmware virtual machine takes over CPU.
Best regards,
Petr Vandrovec
vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

P.S.: Patch for vmware modules is at
ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/vmware/vmware*linux*gz.