Re: es1371 oddness

Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:45:48 -0400

Hate to reply to myself, but.

Wakko Warner wrote:
> > Can you guys please look at your board and tell me
> > the exact chip number etc. of the codec chip (the smaller
> > one of the two "big" chips on the card).
>
> Sure, I'll look when I get home. I happen to have another card at work (on
> the back it says audiopci 9935, but has a creative es1373 chip)

The card I have at home says audiopci 9937, but this one has a model number
at the top which is ct5803

> The smaller chip on here has pins on all 4 sides (there's another one with 4
> pins on each side). It has the numbers:
> 4297A-JQ EP
> ZTAE0C9930
>
> I'll give you the number of the chip on mine when I get home.

The smaller chip has the numbers:
SIGMATEL
SIAG9721T
CB3S41
9935

There is a symbol above those number sets, it looks like the 'E' math
symbol and sorta looks like a T on top of it.

The other board that I looked at had 'ensoniq' stamped on the board. This
board has no brand stamped on it, but 'creative' is stamped on the biggest
chip (same number, es1373)