RE: 64M vs 128M

nathan.zook@amd.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:37:54 -0500

Work is being done on a similar problem, but I'm not sure if it is YOUR
problem. Have you upgraded your motherboard recently? Is ACPI turned on?
There is a known issue with ACPI biosen and 2.2.x. Or did you just upgrade
your kernel & see this problem.

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: `Jag [mailto:agrajag@linuxpower.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 10:12 AM
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: 64M vs 128M

I have a PII400 UP machine with a single 128M DIMM. My kernel is only
recognizing 64M of that 128M. I had this problem last year when it was a
known problem, but it worked fine once that 64M RAM bug was supposedly
fixed. However, in 2.2.12 and 2.2.13pre15 I've noticed that it's gone
back to using only 64M of RAM. The append="mem=128M" line in lilo.conf
will fix it, but I think this is a bigger problem that needs to be
addressed.
If you need more setup about my setup, just let me know.

`Jag

PS I'm not on this list, so please cc me in your responses.

--

Who wills, Can. Who tries, Does. Who loves, Lives.