Re: Kernel Modules in 2.3.20

Avenger (asmlinkage@softhome.net)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:42:39 +0530

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 02:03:52AM -0500, Mark Orr wrote:
> You might want to get the latest version of pppd, which is
> (i believe) 2.3.10. The source (and some binaries) is available here:
>
> ftp://cs.anu.edu.au/pub/software/ppp/
>
> In /etc/conf.modules (or modules.conf, if you've upgraded to the
> new modutils) add these two lines:
>
> alias tty-ldisc-3 ppp_async
> alias char-major-108 ppp_generic
Hi there,
The device has been created and the aliases also have been set. I have the latest ( at least from debian potato that is the latest that is 2.3.9 ) version of
pppd. I am able to connect now using 2.3.20 but, i am not able to use http
to browse a site. But I am able to ftp, pop , smtp and all that.
The onlt problem is with the http protocol. I just can't browse any site
using netscape. ;-(
Regards
Avenger