RE: 2.3.20 will not boot (PCI problem)

Michael Cummins (mjcumm@isa.mim.com.au)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:41:21 +1000

[STUFF DELETED]

> But I don't want to have something as critical as PCI scanning be
> dependent on something that is known to be unreliable. Doing
> it by hand
> may be painful too, but at least we can fix the bugs and we
> can analyze
> what goes wrong when it is done by hand.
>
> Linus

I bet you wish the bug reports generated from the buggy bioses problem ended
up in the BIOS manufacturer E-mail box, not yours.

Bit hard to write a standard into an kernel/operating system if the
manufacturers themselves can't follow standards!

Congratulations on doing so well despite the limitless hardware variation
that exists.

Thanks to all the hard workers out there,
Michael Cummins
(IBM PC-compatible? Should have been IBM PC-standard!)

> -
> linux-kernel" in

The information contained in this E-Mail is confidential
and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this E-Mail in error, any use, distribution
or copying of this E-Mail is not permitted. You are
requested to forward unwanted E-Mail and address any problems
to the MIM Holdings Limited Help Desk.
E-Mail: helpdesk@mim.com.au or phone: Australia 07 3833 8042.