Re: FlashPoint card hanging system (BT-950)

Brendan Black (ratfink@xtra.co.nz)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:13:43 +1300

Jim Niemira wrote:

> William Lash spake, saying:
> > The change that I posted on the mailing list (adding the udelay()s to the
> > OS_* macros has been working fine for me. I looked at the newest 2.2.13pre
> > release and didn't see the change, so I think that you'll need to apply it by
> > hand. I figure Leonard is waiting to hear other reports of success before
> > he will seriously consider changing the driver.
> >
> > I hope it works for you.
>
> Alas, it does not. I get:
>
> BusLogic: IRQ Channel 0 illegal for FlashPoint Host Adapter
> at PCI Bus 0 Device 10 I/O Addres 0xE800

I had a similar problem with my BT-930 - I have a VA-503+ m/b and a K6-2 350.
The card just refused to work in that m/b when either the cpu was clocked
over 300Mhz or the m/b was set over 66Mhz - The bios on the card would get
corrupted (ver 2.01) and then I'd get a message just like yours. I was told
by mylex tech support that the Bt-930 was incompatible with the VIA chipset,
but I could try downgrading the bios to 1.41i. I did this and the card would
work only on a cold power on. The interesting thing is that the problem
didn't happen with my earlier processor on the same m/b - a K6 233.

I ended up having to replace the card with one of a different type (initio
9100u) for that machine, but the bt-930 is working fine in an intel chipset
machine.

Interestingly enough I have had all sorts of problems since upgrading the
processor (mainly disk corruption, on both ide & scsi), and it's been driving
me nuts.

cheers
Brendan Black |
Network Engineer/Gravity Enforcement Officer, Telecom NZ IP & Data |
email: ratfink@xtra.co.nz (personal) |
phone: +649 3587257 mobile: +6425 2752667 |
-export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-2-lines-PERL5 |