Re: PATCH Re: 2.3.20 missing module symbols

Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:39:11 -0300

Alan Cox wrote:

> > > then missing symbols:
> > > scsi_mod.o init_task_union (ok in 2.3.18ac10)
> >
> > No OK in 2.3.20 and 2.3.19 at least for a setup where
> > scsi is loaded entierly as a module. (A setup which makes
> > perfect sense if you have one fine IDE disk and just a ZIP
> > drive connected to the parport.
>
> You can add the symbol if you wish. I haven't sent Linus that fix because
> I want to send him something I think is a better answer.
Great, but there is another problem. If I configure usb serial, then I
get a serial.o in /lib/modules/2.3.20/usb , but none in /misc. These are
not the same. My pcmcia needs the one in /misc. Maybe Alan's better
answer covers this to. That would not surpise me :)
Garst