Re: _isofs_bmap: block >= EOF (21, 24366)

Gaddoni Marco (marco.gaddoni@imola.nettuno.it)
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 19:50:08 +0200

On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 04:57:07PM +0200, David Odin wrote:
> AFAIK, this message is harmless. It's due to a bug in the read ahead code,
> (Davem, correct me if I'm wrong) which try to read beyond the end of a file.
> This problem is general to every filesystems, but isofs is the only one I know
> which complains about this.
>
> If these messages bug you, you can comment out the printk which generate it
> in linux/fs/isofs/inode.c (search for _iso_bmap).
> This is not a fix, it just hide the symptoms, but as long it's the only
> symptom so far, you can just hide it :)
>
> DindinX
>
> --
> David.Odin@bigfoot.com
>
> When you become used to never being alone, you may consider yourself
> Americanized.

Hello

I report this to fix any of the two problems - real problem or
obsolete printk.
I think it is important to do now that we are in feature freze ..

Ciao. Marco.

--
This is not a Sig. (With homage to Magritte).