Re: Unicode support on VGA console.

Hirling Endre (endre@darmol.elte.hu)
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:33:50 +0200 (CEST)

On 5 Oct 1999, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> > > (BTW: Who uses "direct to font"?)
> >
> > Everybody.
> > It is the default.
> >

> No, it's not. The default font map matches codepage 437 and is a full
> Unicode map.

Yep. And Am I able to switch mapping off completely without tweaking
with the kernel? I don't mean echo <some-ugly-escape-sequence> 'cause
it has to be done for every vc and its effect disappears when a
terminal reset is done. "setfont -m trivial" appears to do the same.

Any suggestions? If I have to replace the mapping table in the kernel
source, I'll do it but not happily since I have to do it before every
kernel upgrade..

greetings
endre

--
..all in all it's just another rule in the firewall.

/Ping Flood/