Re: [2.2.{12,13p15}] PPP uploads fizzle out and die (tcpdump info i

Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale (wzdd@tig.com.au)
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 23:37:13 +1000 (EST)

On 6 Oct, John Hasler wrote:
> Steve Dodd writes:
>> Actually, the fact that few people have noticed it with PPP worries
>> me, maybe I'm barking up utterly the wrong tree?
>
> I've seen quite a few posts on the newsgroups about slow uploads with
> PPP. No one is ever able to reproduce the problem though, and it
> appears to sometimes go away mysteriously.

I've noticed PPP uploads going slowly on 2.2.12 and 2.2.13pre8 (these
being the only two kernels I've tried since the modem's been connected
directly to this box), accompanied by the "CS" light on the modem
flickering off for a short (.5 sec?) period of time.

Haven't ruled out the other possibilites though (dodgy ISP, dodgy
connection, dodgy modem...)

Kernels 2.2.12, 2.2.13p8
pppd 2.3 patchlevel 5 (hacked-around rh5.2 system)

--
Nicholas (wzdd@tig.com.au, wzdd@lardcave.net)
http://crash.tig.com.au/~wzdd

http://www.google.com/search?q=more+evil+than+satan+himself